“Coder’s Back” – What do YOU do to manage back pain?Sand Puppy
Ken’s on his back today. HIs lower back froze up in pain as he reached out to pick up his coffee cup. And all it took was a little muscle to go haywire.
Many call it a “Coder’s back” – since it is so common in people that sit in front of a computer for long hours – and nothing like a streak of intense coding to get it started.
And they share similar stories
- Except for the occasional twinge and stiff back, everything is just fine
- Your back suddenly seizes and you are bent over in excruciating pain, and you go “this can’t be happening to me!”
- You have trouble standing or moving without help
- Not moving helps the pain go away but any movement involving the back becomes impossible!
- It lasts for a few days or more, and goes away with resting up.
Ice, heat, physio, Yoga or quitting smoking?
Have you had Coder’s Back?
How do you deal with it?